I’m Marianna. I’m relatively new to the outdoors. It’s only been 4 years since my first camping trip, and I haven’t been able to stay away. Since then I figured out how to camp, going from very basic to very comfortable, camping without a tent, having a full set up and travel the country. I have slowly acquired more and more camping gear, a 3 season tent, 4 season canvas tent, an RV ! :), a wood burning stove, and now I can pretty much camp anywhere in any situation with a full set up or a minimal, basic camping gear usng a hammock or a cot, no tent, even in the snow. I acquired a few rifles, got my hunting license and have been hunting small game, big game and birds ever since 2016. Just recently I also got into fishing, another way to feed my family.
I had to figure this out all by myself. I always wanted to go camping, but didn’t have anyone to go with. If I had someone show me the ropes, I could have enjoyed all these 20 years ago. So the reason for this blog is to encourage and help everyone to get out doors.
- You have never gone camping? Then this site is for you. Hop over to my Camping 101 posts where I break down all the elements of camping to get you started.
- Are you looking for trips and tricks and adding new ideas to your outdoor experience? I have posts for that as well. I constantly discover new ways, including using solar lights, salt with ice to keep the ice cold longer, etc.
- Are you a hunter? Well, I probably won’t be able to teach you much, since I’m still learning but maybe you’ll enjoy the stories from my journey. I’m after anything that’s in season, small game, big game or birds. Getting my first turkey was a lot of fun and surprisingly easy. Bear hunting proved very educational and I loved my time in the forest. Although I came home empty handed every weekend, I gained a lot of knowledge and wonderful memories. Feel free to leave comments with suggestions, I’m here to learn.
- Are you a fisherman? Here’s your chance to give all the advice you can give to a rookie like me. As the new year came, I decided to start fishing. So my experiences are as old as the year 2018. I definitely won’t be able to say anything new, since I am very much a beginner, but I’ve heard from some veteran fisherman that it is very refreshing to see a rookie’s enthusiasm and excitement.
- Do you like to cook? Let’s do this together. I’m constantly experimenting with cooking the food I catch / hunt. I’m Hungarian so that means adding a lot of my favorite Hungarian spices and ways (say Hello to paprika and sour cream)
I hope you enjoy my journey, and if I just inspire one person to finally grab a tent, a sleeping bag and spend the night out there once, I feel that my job is done here.